Correctional Safety Officer Certificate Program
Dates: October 25-29, 2021
Meets: M, Tu, W, Th and F from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Location: Virtual Course
OSHA Regular: $850.00
There are 2 openings remaining at this time.
40-Hour Program (4.0 CEU’s)
This 40-hour program is designed specifically for safety/fire officers working inside a correctional setting. The program will include related general industry standards as well as a review of the American Correctional Association standards related to fire and safety which are critical in preparing for ACA accreditation. This program recognizes the challenges faced by Safety Officers as they comply with OSHA Standards, ACA Standards, and the individual policies and procedures of their correctional institution. The program is based upon a job analysis completed with high performing incumbent workers in the Correctional Safety Officer position.
Objectives of the Program:
After successfully completing the program, participants will be able to:
- Explain the duties of the Fire/Safety Officer specifically as they relate to ACA accreditation and OSHA compliance;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the OSHA Standards, relative to a corrections setting;
- Assist their agencies in preparing for audits and inspections;
- Locate safety standard violations and conduct a hazard violation workshop;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Standards around fire protection and suppression systems and confined space areas;
- Effectively use the ACA Accreditation manual as well as the OSHA General Industry Comprehensive Federal Regulations manual.
|Course Fee (Basic)||OSHA Regular||$ 850.00|
|10/25/2021||Monday||8:30 AM to 5 PM||Virtual Course|
|10/26/2021||Tuesday||8:30 AM to 5 PM||Virtual Course|
|10/27/2021||Wednesday||8:30 AM to 5 PM||Virtual Course|
|10/28/2021||Thursday||8:30 AM to 5 PM||Virtual Course|
|10/29/2021||Friday||8:30 AM to 5 PM||Virtual Course|